Sunday, December 9, 2012

Castiel's Trench Coat

Hey guys, Sean here.

So with my post regarding my building of the EMF Detector from Supernatural (no, the parts have not come in yet), you may have guessed my love of the show.  This character, Castiel, wears a trench coat. The issues surrounding the exact coat are quite mysterious.  First let's get some history about the trench coat in general.  The trench coat was first produced by Burberry for British Officers during the First World War.  The classic trench coat
-is mid-calf length
-has a caped back
-epaulets
-two rows of buttons
-cuff straps

Castiel's coat has all of these except epaulets and it is about knee length.  The RPF (as mentioned before) has, luckily, identified the exact trench coat.  It is a Stafford, produced by JC Penney, tan trench coat.  It, sadly, along with the navy blue Clavin Klein tie, has been out of production for years.  Because of this, the best chance of getting it is eBay.

I decided to cosplay as Castiel when I went to my friend's house for a Supernatural marathon.  I didn't have the correct tie of coat, but it turned out pretty well.

Proof:


Thanks,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment